JWST NIRCam performance is now being measured based on flight data from observing programs and analyses that are still in progress. Some performance estimates have yet to be updated and are based on simulations and laboratory measurements.
NIRCam performance measurements and predictions are available from various articles and webpages:
- NIRCam Sensitivity provides imaging and grism sensitivities for SNR = 10 in 10 ks.
- NIRCam Imaging Sensitivity provides depth vs. exposure time and recommended readout specifications for maximal depth.
- NIRCam Bright Source Limits provides saturation limits.
- JWST Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) provides the most precise signal-to-noise, sensitivity, and saturation estimates.
- NIRCam Point Spread Functions has information on PSFs simulated by WebbPSF.
- NIRCam Detector Performance provides details about read noise, dark current, etc.
- NIRCam Dragon's Breath provides information on how the scattered light from bright sources off the edge of NIRCam field of view impact the observations.
- NIRCam Persistence provides information on how persistency affects NIRCam observations.
- NIRCam Flat Fields provides information on how the effects of pixel-to-pixel sensitivity changes across a given NIRCam detector are corrected using a flat field image.
- NIRCam WFSS Field of View and NIRCam WFSS Background provides additional information on the NIRCam Wide Field Slitless Spectroscopy observing mode.
Articles on each observing mode also contain additional information:
- NIRCam Imaging (also see NIRCam Imaging Sensitivity for sensitivity)
- NIRCam Coronagraphic Imaging for contrast ratios
- NIRCam Wide Field Slitless Spectroscopy for spectroscopic line sensitivities
- NIRCam Time-Series Imaging for saturation limits
- NIRCam Grism Time Series for saturation limits