JWST ETC Pandeia Engine Tutorial
A tutorial on how to use the JWST ETC as a python module.
In addition to its web UI, the JWST ETC (hereafter Pandeia) may be used as a Python module, and incorporated into Python scripts or programs. This tutorial provides information for installing the JWST ETC as a Python module, on the JWST ETC Python programming API, and on producing calculations with the JWST ETC Python interface that might be difficult or impossible to generate through the web interface.
List of articles
- Installing Pandeia: Information on how to create an AstroConda environment that includes Pandeia, and on Pandeia's package requirements and data files.
- Pandeia Quickstart: Basic information on importing Pandeia into a python script, on creating (or importing) configuration dictionaries, on running Pandeia calculations, and on interpreting Pandeia result reports.
- Pandeia Reference Data: Information on Pandeia's data files and metadata.
- Pandeia Configuration Dictionaries: An annotated Pandeia configuration dictionary showing the names and types of the included parameters, and providing information on modifying configuration dictionaries and valid values for the various parameters.
- Pandeia Reports: Information on the reports produced from running Pandeia, and examples of interpreting the reports or using their values.
- Pandeia Backgrounds: Information on how to specify background fluxes in Pandeia.
- Pandeia Batch Mode: Information on making multiple Pandeia calculations in order to optimize the output.
- Pandeia Guides and Examples: A collection of Pandeia examples from these documents as well as additional examples designed around particular scenarios.
- Pandeia Order of Operations: Information on Pandeia's order of operations.