NIRSpec Training Webinars and Webcasts
Several JWST Community Lecture Series presentations that highlight NIRSpec functionality are available for viewing.
Lectures about NIRSpec
The JWST Mission Office at the Space Telescope Science Institute organized a series of webinars aimed at training the astronomical community on how to use JWST. Recordings of the webinars are posted on the STScI webcast archive, and the presentation slides are also available for download. Several of these webinars have focused on NIRSpec features and capabilities.
NIRSpec Presentations in the JWST community lecture series:
- March 2016 - NIRSpec Overview (P. Ferruit)
- November 2016 - IFU Spectroscopy with the James Webb Space Telescope (D. Law) (MIRI and NIRSpec information)
- December 2016 - The NIRSpec MSA: Multi-Object Spectroscopy with JWST (J. Muzerolle)
- February 2017 - Planning Multi-Object Spectroscopy with the NIRSpec Micro-Shutter Assembly (MSA) (D. Karakla)
- May 2017 - The Proposal Planning Process for NIRSpec Observations That Use the Micro-Shutter Assembly (MSA) (T. Beck)
In addition to the lecture series, relevant NIRSpec information has also been archived in:
- The 2016 JWST Data Analysis II - User Training webcasts
- The 2017 JWST Proposal Planning Workshop webcasts