NIRCam Predicted Performance
JWST NIRCam performance is estimated based on simulations and laboratory measurements. These estimates will improve based on data obtained in flight.
NIRCam performance predictions are available from various articles and webpages:
- NIRCam Point Spread Functions has information on PSFs simulated by WebbPSF;
- NIRCam Detector Performance provides details about read noise, dark current, etc.
- JWST Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) provides the most precise signal-to-noise, sensitivity, and saturation estimates.
Articles on each observing mode also contain additional information:
- NIRCam Imaging, for sensitivity and saturation limits
- NIRCam Coronagraphic Imaging, for contrast ratios
- NIRCam Wide Field Slitless Spectroscopy, spectroscopic line sensitivities
- NIRCam Time-Series Imaging, saturation limits
- NIRCam Grism Time Series, saturation limits