NIRCam APT Templates
JWST NIRCam offers 5 observing modes, each with a corresponding APT template to design observations: imaging, coronagraphic imaging, time-series imaging, grism time series, and wide field slitless spectroscopy.
NIRCam has five observing modes. Each has a corresponding template in the Astronomers Proposal Tool, APT. Each template offers different functionality and restrictions to guide users in designing their observations:
- NIRCam Imaging APT Template
- NIRCam Coronagraphic Imaging APT Template
- NIRCam Time-Series APT Template
- NIRCam Grism Time-Series APT Template
- NIRCam Wide Field Slitless Spectroscopy APT Template
|Available Features||Imaging||Coronagraphic Imaging||Time-Series||Grism Time-Series||Wide Field Slitless Spectroscopy|
|Coronagraphs available||occulting masks and Lyot stops|
|Weak lens available (0.6–2.3 µm)||WLP8||WLP4, WLP8|
|Grisms available (2.4–5.0 µm)||Grism R||Grism C, R|
|Exposures longer than 10,000 seconds||Allowed*||Allowed*|
* Warning: The High Gain Antenna may move during exposures longer than 10,000 seconds.
Complete lists of available options and restrictions are provided in NIRCam Templates.